Wednesday, May 16, 2012

When I Grow Up Social

When I grow up I want to be...a doctor, a ballerina, an artist, a rock star, a boxer...a ballroom dancer!!!

Rock Star!
This social took us back to our childhoods, to a time when life was simple and carefree and making a big decision would be which flavour of ice-cream to ask for. It was such fun seeing what our fellow dancers' plans for the future were when they were children and how many of them are on their way to achieving these goals - Unfortunately Harry Potter wannabes and fairies are excluded from this. A night of childhood memories and memories-in-the-making!

Iron Man
"Dancers are clearly a very optimistic bunch - if our costumes held any truth for the future, we'll never be short of scientists and Harry Potter will be swooping around on his (or in this case, her) broom stick! Never the less, the best part about the social for me was seeing lab-coated scientists waltzing along the floor, archaeologists breaking it down in a boogie, and even the likes of Bob The Builder swinging his hips to the Cha-Cha. Definitely a humorous and eventful night to remember." - Allister Smith (Beginner)

"Dressing up for the social was a great way to take off my 'normal' mask and to give free reign to another (part of my) personality." Liesbeth-Helena Gouws (Intermediate)

"It was fun as I got to remember what I wanted to be before I discovered money, girls and responsibility" - Alan Clarke (Advanced)

Mad Scientists
Photos: Jennifer Marshall

No comments:

Post a Comment